Senior Manager - Accounting
Location: Austin, Texas
The Senior Manager - Accounting will report to the Global Controller and primarily be responsible for managing the month end close process, liaising with fund administrators to review and present deliverables to senior management and the creation and analysis of management reports. The ideal candidate has extensive familiarity with private equity fund accounting, is proactive, analytical and can work with a sense of urgency. A candidate will be successful in the role if they are a strong leader while being a team player.
The firm is a multi-national aviation leasing company that deploys capital via private investment funds (private equity funds) headquartered in Austin, TX.
- Provide oversight, direction and review around the monthly close process, corporate office consolidation and financial statement preparation and analysis between the Dublin, Ireland and Austin teams;
- Perform a final review of month end closing schedules prior to review by the Global Controller, including review of reconciliations and lead schedules;
- Directly liaise with private equity fund administrators to review portfolio and financial reporting, waterfall structures, fund NAVs, calculations of management fees and contributions and distributions to partners;
- Lead completion of financial statement audits and tax reviews at year end by the internal team and fund administrators;
- Lead and ensure concise, timely, and accurate communications with clients, team members, and external parties;
- Provide supervision, guidance and coaching to the team, including regular training support as needed;
- Produce GAAP and proforma financial statements and reporting packages for dissemination amongst the Board of Directors, third parties, lenders, and equity partners;
- Continuously evaluate current accounting methodology and processes to suggest improvements/best practices that promote efficacy, accuracy, and timeliness; and
- Make policy decisions regarding the development, interpretation, and application of accounting procedures and pronouncements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
The successful candidate will be:
- Highly collaborative and an experienced leader and manager adept at multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment;
- Exceptionally detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task several projects on short deadlines;
- Outgoing, straightforward, and creative with a proven ability to present and convey information effectively;
- An adaptable, flexible problem-solver who enjoys working as part of an active group of highly engaged individuals; and
- A person who presents a high degree of maturity, honesty, and integrity and sets a tone of excellence for the accounting teams.
Skills and Experience
- Fund Accounting with exposure to operations (products and trade process knowledge);
- 7+ years of solid GL accounting, financial reporting, and technical accounting experience;
- CPA licensee required with a minimum BBA with accounting concentration. MPA preferred;
- Experienced in leading teams and mentoring staff;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); and
- Netsuite ERP experience.
What we can offer
- Modern, new facilities
- Paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
- Exceptional medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k and profit-sharing plans
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Please send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org